How to Determine QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue?
When we talk about business accounting, QuickBooks helps handle all the finances. It always manages and organizes small and medium-sized business accounting. And the best thing is that it always helps you in cost cutting. But due to it being installed in the system, users face some difficulty in accessing QuickBooks. They state that after so many attempts to open QuickBooks, it doesn’t respond.
There are considerable causes why QuickBooks won’t open. If somehow, you also undergo this situation, then this blog will assist in getting rid of this. Now we’ll start with the reasons.
Why Your QuickBooks Won’t Open?
When you try to open the QuickBooks Desktop, and it takes time or is stuck, this can be due to the following grounds.
- The QuickBooks company which you are accessing is damaged and corrupted.
- When the QuickBooks installation file gets damaged.
- System anti-virus blocks the permission to access QuickBooks.
- When not running the QuickBooks with proper admin rights.
- A damaged QBWuser file can also be a reason for QuickBooks not opening.
- When your system lacks the QuickBooks installation components like the Microsoft .NET framework.
- The hard disk containing the QuickBooks file is damaged.
After getting the accurate reasons for why QuickBooks Desktop won’t open. When the issue occurs, you can observe some unpleasant things with the system, which we mention in the following.
Symptoms When QuickBooks Won’t Open
When your QuickBooks denies opening, you may go through the following:
- The QuickBooks application shuts down just after opening it.
- Your system freezes or gets stuck for a while.
- The mouse and keyboard will answer tardily to your order.
- You can get access to the company file.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue?
When your QuickBooks won’t open in Windows 10 and other versions, you can easily perform the given methods and access your QuickBooks. Let’s start.
Quick Fix My Program
Quick Fix my Program utility is a part of QuickBooks Tool Hub. It will resolve all the program, related issues that prevent it from opening. So if you don’t have the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the QuickBooks website and install it. After installing, pursue the following steps.
- Firstly, shut the background running programs.
- Secondly, launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- In the third step, click on the Program Problems tab.
- Now, from the right side, click on the Quick Fix My Program utility.
- Let the tool run a scan to detect and resolve the issue.
- When the tool ends the scan, open QuickBooks Desktop.
If the QuickBooks still not open, the accompanying the next method.
Use QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool
It is also a component of QuickBooks Tool Hub. In some cases, the installation files go missing or are damaged by which the QuickBooks won’t open. So to resolve the issue, we have to use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool with the following means:
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, hit the Installation Issues tab.
- After that, click on the Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Now, the tool will run and fix the installation issues.
- After the fixation process, try to open QuickBooks Desktop.
Stop QuickBooks Desktop Application
Sometimes, the QuickBooks won’t open due to the company file or the QuickBooks program itself. So, we have to find out what exactly is creating the problem. Because QuickBooks might attempt to access the last company. So define the problem:
- In the first step, press and hold the Ctrl key.
- You must double-click on the QuickBooks Desktop application icon by holding the Ctrl key. Don’t release the key before the “No Company Open” window shows on the screen unless your QuickBooks will show you an error or stocks.
- Lastly, choose a Company File and click on Open.
Use the Windows In-built Repairing Feature
Windows is always full of features, and one of its features is the Repair feature. It is mainly used to repair any damaged program on the system. So use the Repair utility to fix QuickBooks won’t open error with the following feature:
- Firstly, go to Windows Start.
- Then, search and open Control Panel.
- In the step, click on Programs and Features.
- Click the Uninstall a Program option.
- Here, you will get all your programs on the system.
- Search and right-click on QuickBooks.
- Now, select Repair.
- The Repair Utility will fix the QuickBooks programs.
- After the repair, open QuickBooks.
If the QuickBooks won’t open after following the above methods, you should accompany the following one.
Perform Clean Install
When all the methods don’t help you access the QuickBooks Desktop, you should uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks. This is essential because when reinstalling the QuickBooks, it will install all the installation components for smooth running and function. Now, let’s proceed with the procedure.
- Reach the Windows Start button.
- Search and open the Control Panel.
- Now, navigate to Uninstall a Program under the Programs and Features.
- From the program list, choose and click on the QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, choose Uninstall option.
- Again choose Uninstall to confirm.
- Wait for some while; the program will uninstall.
Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the location of QuickBooksdesktop.exe is saved,
- Now, open and run the file.
- Pursue the on-screen steps on installation.
- Agree to the License Permit.
- When the installation completes, access QuickBooks.
Whenever the QuickBooks won’t open, it can frustrate the users for a while. If even after many tries QuickBooks is still not open. Then you should try the above-stated methods and fix the issue. But before beginning the fixation procedure, you should make and save a backup of company files. If you still face the same, contact our ProAdvisors through Email and Live Chat. Thank You!