Download and Install QuickBooks Web Connector Application
If you have any QuickBooks Desktop solutions, you might need to integrate them with other web-based applications in your Windows system. One of the highly prevalent ways of integrating QuickBooks Desktop with web-based applications is QuickBooks Web Connector or QBWC. This application allows the smooth operation of cloud-based and on-premise services, such as payroll and bill management and accepting payments.
QBWC also allows you to import data to different applications and also export approved expenditures and time sheets. Still, many people feel confused about how to download and install it. In this article, you will find complete details on the download process and also how to add the application to your system.
What is QuickBooks Web Connector?
Before you proceed to install and set up this application, it’s a good idea to gain more awareness about it. This application facilitates web-based apps to exchange information with QB Desktop products. These include QuickBooks Point of Sale and QuickBooks financial software. You install the web connector on the same system in which you have to install QuickBooks desktop.
The web connector supports passing qbposXML and qbXML between QB Point of Sale or QuickBooks and web-based applications. There’s no requirement to launch Firewall ports as the web connector initiates every communication on the same computer as QuickBooks.
You can use QBWC 22.214.171.124 and versions older than that with any QB Desktop product. This product should be supported by QBPOS SDK or QB SDK. Web Connector supports the following products.
- QuickBooks Enterprise solutions
- QuickBooks Premier and Pro (2002 or later) versions
- S editions of QB
- Financial software products.
- Canadian editions of QB Premier, Pro, and Enterprise versions.
- QB Simple Start 2006 or versions after it.
- QB Point of Sale v4.0 or versions later than that.
- K editions of QB Accountant or Pro (2003 versions or those later than that)
The newer versions of the QB web connector, including its 2.0.34 version, are compatible with the below QB versions:
- QB Enterprise solutions (version 2015 or later)
- QuickBooks Pro 2015 or versions later than that.
- S editions of QB financial products.
- QB Premier solutions (version 2015 or later)
- Canadian editions of QB 2015 or later versions.
- K edition of QB 2015 or later versions
Also read,- QuickBooks enterprise download
The Process to Setup QuickBooks Web Connector
In order to set up QBWC, you need to download it and, after that, install the application. Once you do that, simply add an app to the application.
Download QuickBooks Web Connector
It is essential to install the app on each workstation present in your network. But for installing it, you must first download it correctly.
- Begin by making a new folder in your system’s C Drive.
- Name this folder as ‘Temp.’
- Now, download the web connector file from its official place.
- Once downloaded, open the file.
- Shift the installer file to your system’s C Drive. Here, put this file in the Temp folder.
- Now, right-tap the file to extract it.
- Choose the ‘Extract’ option.
- Once the file gets extracted, it’ll be present in the extracted folder.
- Right-tap this file and select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- You will see the web connector QuickBooks icon in the system tray post-download.
Steps to install QBWC
After you successfully perform the QuickBooks Web Connector download, you can proceed to the installation. There are a few easy instructions you can follow for doing so.
- Firstly, pick your preferred web-based application. Pick it from the Application list in the window of QBWC.
- After that, input the QB password you made in the third-party web-based application.
- Now, you can tap the button ‘Update.’
- It will commence the process of data exchange.
- Head back to the integration of QuickBooks in your web-based application.
- After that, hit the ‘Next’ button. It will be there at the bottom part of the installation screen.
The process of adding the QB Web Connector application
You should also know how to add QBWC after installing it. Use these simple steps.
- Firstly, choose ‘Add an application ‘ in the window of QBWC.
- After that, choose ‘Desktop’ in your File Explorer.
- Now, highlight the.QBC file that you kept on your desktop.
- If the message ‘Authorize New Web Service’ shows up, choose ‘OK.’
- Now, choose ‘Open.’
- You will find the application coming on the QBWC application.
- Input the password that you’ve been provided by the application vendor in its field.
- Now, choose the checkbox on the left part of QBWC.
- Choose ‘Update Selected.’
- Now, the application will start syncing with your QuickBooks file.
The Steps to Move an Application to Your Device.
It’s possible to shift an app to a different system for the same company file. But check that you are operating on the latest release of QBWC.
- Choose ‘File’ followed by ‘Update web service.’
- Now select ‘Manage web apps.’
- Pick ‘Connected Apps.’ It will enable you to see your apps and modify them.
- Choose ‘Transfer App to My Device.’ The connection will shift to your current device.
How to Resolve Errors during the Installation of QuickBooks Web Connector?
It’s common to come across instances of malfunction when installing the QBWC application. But you can easily resolve it with some good fixes.
If you encounter QuickBooks Web Connector error 1316, the best fix for it is to reinstall the application. For it, you must know how to uninstall the application. Here are the points to follow.
- As a server admin, tap the ‘Start’ button.
- Now, head to the ‘Control Panel’ field.
- Tap ‘Uninstall a program ‘ below ‘Programs and Features.’
- Choose ‘Web Connector.’
- Now, hit ‘Uninstall.’
Use the troubleshooter
If the issue continues, you can use the troubleshooter tool to fix it. You must first download the troubleshooting tool from the official Microsoft website. This program will give you steps to follow to resolve a problem.
Follow its prompt on the problematic program you need to uninstall. After you complete that, download and install the latest version of the QBWC application. Use the steps described above to install the application. You won’t face any issues in installing it.
You can simplify a lot of your daily tasks when you download QuickBooks Web Connector. It saves your time and reduces your expenditure. Use the steps in this article to download and install the application, as well as fix installation errors. Connect with a QuickBooks technical support service if you require extra assistance.