How to Email and Reset QuickBooks Paystub Password?
QuickBooks is a fantastic program for organizing any business-related financing. The most usable feature of QuickBooks is Payroll. It helps to send the pay stubs to employees working for the company. But these pay stubs documents are PDF-password protected. To access these pay stubs, employees need a password generated by QuickBooks. This QuickBooks Paystub Password provides access for utilizing the paystub on the system.
Generally, the password for QuickBooks paystub is a security breach that prevents the employee’s crucial information. This module will guide you on how to reset the QuickBooks password for the paystub in case of forgetting and email the paystub with easy steps.
Why is QuickBooks Paystub Password Essential?
Whenever an employee receives a paystub from QuickBooks, it contains all the financial information about the employee, like the pay, taxes, deduction, etc. To protect these employees’ sensitive information, QuickBooks generates a paystub password that is only given to the employee at the time of email. Employees can enter the QuickBooks password to open paystub from the email.
What is Employee’s QuickBooks Paystub Password?
The password for QuickBooks paystub login is generated by QuickBooks. The paystub password contains the employee’s last name’s first four characters in lower case and the last four digits of the Social Security Number (SSN). For example, the employee’s name is Joseph Matthews, and his SSN is 147258369; the password for the paystub from QuickBooks is matt8369.
How Can I Email and Create QuickBooks Paystub Password?
Emailing the QuickBooks paystub to employees cancels the traditional method of delivering the paystubs on paper documents. There is no need to print the paystubs; your employees can save them digitally on your emails or the hard drive in a PDF format and password protected. Now, perform the email paystub steps:
Step 1: Update Your QuickBooks
Make sure that your QuickBooks with the latest release to email the QuickBooks paystub password.
- To Update, open QuickBooks
- Then, press the F2 or Ctrl+1 keys to go to the Product Information window.
- After that, pick your version and its release.
- Now, reach the Help menu and then Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the Update Now tab. Choose the Reset Update checkbox for removing all the last update downloads.
- Afterward, choose the Get Update option.
- Click on Restart to initiate the update.
- At last, choose the option for installing the new update.
Also, check you have Abode Acrobat Reader’s latest version since QuickBooks utilizes Adobe Acrobat to migrate the Paystubs in PDFs.
Step 2: Inspect QuickBooks Email Settings
For emailing the QuickBooks paystub, you have to enable the email paystubs option and then create the passwords. As it is disabled by default, so enable it with the following means:
- Firstly, open QuickBooks and click on the Edit menu.
- Secondly, choose the Preferences tab and then Send Forms menu.
- After that, choose the My Preferences tab.
- Now, from the Send Email Using portion, choose one of the following:
- Choose Web Mail – If you utilize Yahoo, Gmail, or similar email services.
- Choose Outlook – If operating Microsoft Outlook.
- Choose QuickBooks – If you want to operate the QuickBooks email service.
After the option, click on Done and proceed to another step.
Step 3: Email and Generate QuickBooks Paystub Password
Here we will execute the QuickBooks paystub emailing and then generate the password. Following are the steps:
- In the initial steps, open QuickBooks and click the File menu.
- Then choose Switch to Single-User Mode. If the “Switch to Mult-user Mode” is visible, don’t go for it; it means you are already using the Single-user mode.
- Now, reach the File menu again and then Print Forms.
- After that, click on Pay Stubs and choose payroll Bank Account.
- Next, set a Date Range to email the pay stubs.
- Now, pick the Employees to email the pay stub. If you don’t want to email the paystub to a particular employee, select employee and remove the checkmark.
Note: There are no brackets and parentheses in the last name of the employee. If so, then the employee can’t access the email.
- Here, click on the Preview option and check your paystub email before sending. After checking, click on Email.
- Now, QuickBooks will automatically create the QuickBooks paystub password for each email and employee.
- Afterward, provide employees’ email addresses one by one. Here, you can check the emails again before sending them.
- From the Send Forms window, verify the email. You can edit the subject line, To, From fields, and email body.
- After reviewing everything, click on Send.
Now, you can easily email your employee’s QuickBooks paystub. They will also get the password for accessing the password.
Sometimes the employee and the sender forget the paystub password. In such cases, you must follow the given section.
How to Reset QuickBooks Paystub Password?
To reset the password of the QuickBooks paystub following are the password.
Reset Paystub Password for Employee
- From QuickBooks, choose the Employee tab.
- Then, choose the Employee’s name.
- After that, click on Edit from the Paycheck Record access.
- Finally, choose the Reset password option.
Steps for Employees to Reset Their QuickBooks Paystub Password
If you are an employee can want to reset your paystub password, then follow the given steps:
- Go to http://www.paycheckrecords.com.
- After reaching, hit the Forgot Password option.
- Now, deliver the security questions answer for resetting the password.
- After providing the correct answers, you will get a case-sensitive password.
- You can copy and paste the password with no spaces between it.
- When you get the password on email, enter the password and then pursue the login instructions.
QuickBooks Paystub Password, secure the employee’s information present on the paystub. With the above steps, we explain the procedure for emailing the paystubs and creating the paystub password for the employees. We also explain to you the process for resetting the paystub password for the employee and sender. However, if you are an employee and want to access the paystub email but don’t get the password, then enter your last name’s four characters and the last four digits of your SSN. If you face any difficulty resetting your password, use the QuickBooks password reset tool or contact our ProAdvisors through Email and Live and get an immediate solution.