Best Methods to Resolve the QuickBooks Payroll Issues
QuickBooks is known worldwide as one of the best accounting and bookkeeping software. However, ask any regular user if the program works all the time flawlessly, and you’ll certainly hear an answer the negative. The software is known for various errors.
One of the most prominent ones is QuickBooks payroll issues which occur when users attempt to update the payroll software. It can also happen when they are trying to pay their employees. There is not one but many underlying issues behind this error. Dealing with it can be hard, especially if you don’t know the right troubleshooting steps. In this article, we’ll find all about payroll issues, their causes, and how to fix them.
What Causes QuickBooks Payroll Issues?
Payroll may not work due to a myriad of problems. Here are the chief ones amongst them.
- Invalid security certificate of QuickBooks.
- A network timeout error that prevents the application from connecting with the server.
- Utilizing the multi-user mode for sending payroll.
- Incorrect date and time of your system.
- Damaged tax table file in the payroll.
- Wrong billing data.
- Corrupt QB company file.
- The inability of QuickBooks to access the internet because of a firewall in your system.
Fix QuickBooks Payroll Problems
There are many troubleshooting measures you can use to resolve this error. Here are some of the best ones. Before you implement them, check that you have the latest payroll tax table, correct date and time settings on your system and that you are using the software in a single-user mode.
1. Conduct QuickBooks repair.
The first thing you can do to resolve the payroll problems is run a QB repair. To do that, follow these points.
- Tap ‘Start‘ on your device and choose ‘Control Panel.’
- Now, double-tap ‘Add or Remove Programs.’
- Now, choose the QuickBooks program.
- After that, tap the option of ‘Change or Remove Program.’
- Click ‘Next‘ on the QB installation window.
- Choose ‘Repair‘ in the QuickBooks maintenance window, then tap ‘Next.’ Lastly, click ‘Repair.’
- In the QuickBooks Maintenance Complete window, tap ‘Finish.’
2. Use Command Prompt to flush the DNS.
You can also fix QuickBooks Online payroll issues by flushing the DNS. Here are the steps to adhere to.
- Open the Run window by hitting the Windows key + R simultaneously.
- In the Run window, input ‘CMD’ and press Enter.
- Now, input ‘ipconfig /flushdns.’
- Press the Enter key.
- Now, attempt to send payroll. You’ll be able to do so easily.
3. Fix an urgent issue with the payroll account
Many people notice the message, ‘Your account is on hold contact us‘ when they want to run a payroll. They get an email with the subject line, ‘Important: Urgent Issue with the Payroll Account.’ In such a case, you must read the email thoroughly and find the documents you require to send. You can also take images of the paper copy using a phone. After that, compose and send an email to EMSPayrollFraud@intuit.com.
You have only two weeks after you receive this email to respond. If you don’t do it, your payroll service will be canceled to safeguard your account from fraud.
4. Rename the CPS folder
To use this measure for fixing QuickBooks payroll issues, you will need to first check that you have the latest QuickBooks payroll tax table. Now, open ‘My Computer‘ and head to this location: C: \ Program Files \ Intuit \ QuickBooks 20XX \ Components \ Payroll \ CPS.
In this location, ‘XX’ implies the year of your QuickBooks product version. It can be QB 2014, 2019, or 2018. After you go to this location, rename the CPS folder. Change the name to CPSOLD. Now, see of the payroll problems persists. Most probably, they will not trouble you.
5. Uncheck the Check for Publishers Revocation option.
You can exclude revocation from Internet Explorer to resolve payroll issues. Follow these pointers to exclude revocation.
- In Internet Explorer, tap ‘Tools.’
- Choose ‘Internet Options’ followed by ‘Advanced tab.’
- Now, remove the tick on the ‘Check for server certificate revocation‘ and ‘Check for publishers revocation‘ in the ‘Security‘ tab.
- Now, tap ‘OK‘ and start your system again.
- Attempt to send payroll now.
6. Change UAC settings.
Disabling the User Account Control is another method you can try if the ones mentioned above don’t work for you. Here’s how you can modify these settings in your Windows system.
- Hit the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Here, input Control Panel and tap ‘OK.’
- Now, tap ‘User Accounts‘ and select the option ‘User Account (Classic view)‘ option.
- Now, go to the ‘Change user account control settings’ tab and select the option of ‘Never notify.’
7. Remove the browsing history of Internet Explorer.
An easy way to troubleshoot network problems that might cause payroll problems in QuickBooks is clearing your browsing history. It’s easy to delete it. Just open Internet Explorer and go to the ‘General’ tab. Now, hit the ‘Browsing History’ option. Do not forget to select the options ‘Internet Files‘ and ‘Temporary Internet Files.’ After that, click ‘Delete‘ followed by ‘OK.’ This action will clear the browsing history of Internet Explorer. Now you can try to send payroll.
8. Retrieve the advanced configuration of Internet Explorer
You can also fix QuickBooks payroll problems by retrieving the advanced configuration of your Internet Explorer. Firstly exit QuickBooks.
- In Internet Explorer, click ‘Tools.’
- Now, opt for ‘Internet Options.’
- Hit’ Restore Advanced Settings’ below the ‘Advanced‘ tab.
- Check the options’ Use TLS 1.0.’ Uncheck ‘Use TLS 1.1‘ and ‘Use TLS 1.2.’
- Tap ‘OK.’ Now restart your computer.
These troubleshooting steps will prove useful when you encounter QuickBooks payroll issues. Additionally, you can also exclude QuickBooks from your firewall. If nothing works, it’s best to connect with a professional QuickBooks technical support service. Let the experienced technicians diagnose and resolve the problem.