How to Reset Password with QuickBooks Password Reset Tool?
QuickBooks makes business accounting easy regardless of whether you have a small or medium-sized business. It always makes your financial data secure.
As you know to access QuickBooks, you need an Admin password. But what about when you forget the Admin Password? In such cases, you can use the QuickBooks Password Reset Tool, an advanced program that helps recover your QuickBooks Password. Here you will get the automated and manual procedure for recovering passwords. You also know the steps for recovering the Admin as well as the User password.
How to Recover QuickBooks Passwords?
Passwords are the most essential credentials for any person to secure their data. And it becomes more critical when it is related to business accounting. If, however, you forget the QuickBooks Password, then it can be a threat. But it can be reset easily with the QuickBooks Password Reset Tool and manually. Without wasting let’s reset the Password.
First, we are going to utilize the Automated Password Reset Tool QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool
With the QuickBooks Admin Password Reset Tool, you can quickly recover your forgotten Admin Password. Now pursue the following steps;
1. Firstly, to download the QuickBooks Password Reset Tool go to the given link – https://passwordreset.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/passwordreset; with this, you can easily recover any Windows QuickBooks Desktop version.
2. When reaching the Password Reset Tool webpage, choose the QuickBooks Desktop version.
Note: The QuickBooks Desktop version will be present on the system with which you last accessed the company file. If not, then you are unable to reset your password.
3. After selecting the version, you can see a wizard will extend and ask you to fill in the information for QuickBooks Password Reset Tool download:
- QuickBooks License Number
- First and Last Name
- Your Registered Email
- Zip Code
- Phone Number – It should consist of 10 digits, excluding the extension at the end, and don’t use a country code number like (+1) in the starting. It will automatically add if you set the United States as the Country. You can easily change the country by selecting the “Select Country” option and then editing and saving the number. If, however, the notification appears – details are not matching, then login to the Intuit account at https://camps.intuit.com and correct your details.
4. After that, Accept the License Agreement. The QuickBooks Password Reset Tool will automatically download. If the downloads don’t start, hit Download Now button.
Important: When it asks to Save or Run the file, select Save and store it in the desired location.
5. Now, run the QuickBooks Password Reset Tool (Automated Password Reset Tool) and enter the Token Number you receive in your email.
6. Next, by using the QuickBooks Desktop Products drop-down, pick the same QuickBooks version.
7. After that, click on Browse for Company File and select the company file to reset the password.
Note: You must enter the right Company File Admin User Name if it varies from the “Admin.”
8. Here, provide a New Password in the given field, and again provide the same in the Confirm it.
Note: After creating the password, QuickBooks will again prompt you to change the password again while you are accessing the company file, so create a Temporary Password only and change it later.
9. Lastly, click on the Reset Password and finish the reset process.
After resetting the password with QuickBooks Desktop Password Reset Tool, now you can easily sign in to your company file with the new password. If somehow, you can forget the QuickBooks Admin password, then you have to fill the form again to generate the new token, as the tool is a one-time use tool.
If you don’t want to use the QuickBooks Password Reset Tool, then we have a manual procedure for retrieving the QuickBooks Admin and User passwords.
How to Reset QuickBooks Password without QuickBooks Password Reset Tool?
In this section, we will use the manual method for easily resetting the QuickBooks passwords. Following are the steps:
Reset QuickBooks Admin Password
Recover your Admin password when:
- You don’t bear to provide a username. When you sign in, you only have to provide the password.
- Your username is Admin or other having the admin role.
Now following are the recover QuickBooks Admin Password manually.
For QuickBooks 2020 and Later
The Password for QuickBooks 2020 and later can be recovered without utilizing the QuickBooks Password Reset Tool; the following are the steps:
1. Firstly, from the Company Login page, click on the I Forgot My Password option.
Secondly, you will see a dropdown, Choose an Email and click on Next. Intuit support will email you a token on your primary email to recover the Admin password.
2. Secondly, you will see a dropdown, Choose an Email and click on Next. Intuit support will email you a token on your primary email to recover the Admin password.
Note: If the dropdown does not show your email, then click on the “Don’t see your email in the list above?” option and pursue the on-screen directions.
3. Enter the Reset Token in the given field you received in your email. If you can’t find the token email in your inbox, go to the spam or junk folders and check.
4. Now, create a New Password and then re-enter the same password to confirm it.
5. Lastly, login into your QuickBooks with the new password.
For QuickBooks 2019 and Earlier
Follow the following steps for resetting the Admin password for QuickBooks 2019 and earlier without using QuickBooks Password Reset Tool:
1. In the first step, open the QuickBooks Desktop program.
2. Secondly, from the sign-in windows, click on the I Forgot My Password option.
3. In the next step, fill out the information form.
- License Number
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- ZIP Code
4. If you enter all the information correctly, then click on OK.
5. You will get a token or code for resetting the Admin password on the given email. You can check your Junk or Spam folders if the token mail is not in your inbox.
6. Now, enter the Token or code in the given field.
7. Next, create a New Password and then re-enter the same password to confirm it.
8. Lastly, login into your QuickBooks with the new password.
Reset User Password
The QuickBooks Password Reset Tool can only reset the Admin password. There is a need to change the user password when you are not an Admin. So to change the user password, contact them and tell them to pursue the following. But you are also an Admin, then reset the user password with the following:
- Firstly, sign in to QuickBooks Desktop as an Admin user.
- Secondly, go to the Company tab and click Set Up Users and Passwords.
- Then, choose the Set Up Users option.
- When asked, enter the Admin Password once again.
- Now, from the User List, pick the User that requires changing the password and click on Edit User.
- In the next step, enter a New Password and click on Next Twice.
- Lastly, click on Finish to end the resetting process.
QuickBooks handles all the business accounting data. It is not pleasant when you forget the Admin password of QuickBooks. So with this information guide, we explain the methods to reset the QuickBooks Admin and User passwords.
We present the QuickBooks Password Reset Tool and the manual process for recovering the password. But the Too only recover the Admin password, but you can easily change the user password when you have the Admin password. However, if you face difficulty in changing the password, have a talk with our ProAdviosrs through Email or Live Chat. They will help you in resetting.