Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and Fix Company File Glitches
Do you own any of the QuickBooks editions? If so, QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool that you must be aware of. Everyone knows the various errors that the QuickBooks accounting program is prone to. As a business owner, you need to always be equipped with the right utilities to resolve these errors and keep working uninterruptedly.
The QB file doctor is the answer to resolving various errors in the software, such as corrupt company files or network issues. It is a single program that detects different errors and troubleshoots them in a matter of a few minutes. In this article, you’ll find more about this wonderful utility from Intuit.
Types of QuickBooks File Doctor
At present, there are two versions of File Doctor QuickBooks. Both are downloadable from the website of Intuit. These include:
- In-built version – You can access it easily in QuickBooks 2016 Desktop and editions after that. However, if your QB software is up-to-date, only then will you be able to leverage this version.
- Stand-alone version – You can access this stand-alone version of QuickBooks File Doctor for hosting servers and fixing network-related issues. Keep in mind that you can access this version of file doctor only when you activate the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
The Process of QuickBooks File Doctor Download
It’s not at all hard to download QuickBooks File Doctor. As the first step, close every QB-related program operating in your system.
- Now, you can download the tool from the official website of Intuit.
- Next, wait for the .exe file of the tool to come into your system.
- Open it and tap ‘Yes’ on the install setup window. The installation process will begin immediately.
- Just go by the instructions in front of you, give your consent to the terms and conditions and let the installation complete.
- Hit ‘Finish’ when the process ends.
Errors that QuickBooks File Doctor can Effectively Tackle
This utility by Intuit is effective at resolving an array of problems. You can use it whenever you see the following error codes.
- Error -6150
- Error -6000
- QuickBooks error -6000 -301
- QB error -6147
- QB error -6130
- Use the utility to resolve errors H101, H505, H303, or H202.
- Missing data in the company file, such as employees, vendors, and customers, can also be fixed with this tool.
Resolve Common Problems with QuickBooks File Doctor Resolves
After installing the tool, you must also be aware of the different issues it can fix. Below are some common problems that you can get rid of using the tool.
Hosting mode turned off.
Upon getting this result, you need to turn on hosting. It will allow you to access QB files over a network. In hosting, you need to give permission to other systems in the network to access files from the primary system. The other systems in the network are workstations. The primary system is the host storing the company file.
To manage file access, QB Desktop employs these services:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020 – QB Database 30
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019 – QB Database 29
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018 – QB Database 28
This service is available in the Control Panel category below the ‘Users’ category.
Company file and Network problems
You can fix network problems and company file issues with the QuickBooks Doctor tool by running it. You can run it through QuickBooks Tool Hub. Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub and follow these points.
- After the tool hub gets installed, open the utility.
- Tap the tab of ‘Company File Issues.’
- Now, click the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- After the program opens, select the company file that’s causing problems.
- Now choose the ‘Check your file’ option
- Tap the ‘Continue’ button.
- Now, give the password of the QB admin.
- Tap the ‘Next’ button.
- The tool will start scanning the file.
- After the scan completes, the issue will be resolved.
- Open QuickBooks again and see the company file to examine errors.
What to Do on Finding QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working?
Although this utility is quite effective at repairing and fixing minor glitches in QuickBooks, sometimes it can malfunction. You may notice the error ‘File Doctor Is Not Working.’ Some common reasons for it include the user accessing incorporated files and updating the files. Sometimes, while converting the old version of company files over the network, you can encounter this error message.
But don’t worry, you can resolve this error by using these solutions.
Launch QB File Doctor manually.
If there’s a minor fault in the receiving end of the launch command, you can attempt to launch file doctor manually. Here are the steps to open it in this manner.
- Open the application and wait till you notice the screen of ‘No Company Open.’
- Head to ‘File’ and then to ‘Utilities.’
- Now tap ‘Repair Files and network problems.’
- Hit ‘OK’ in the dialog box.
- The QB File Doctor will open with administrator rights.
- Click ‘Yes’ on the incoming dialog box.
- Tap the wrench symbol to launch the file doctor application.
- Tap ‘Continue’ and input your credentials.
- The File Doctor utility will start repairing your file.
- Opt for ‘File Diagnosis Only’ under the ‘Advanced Settings.’
- Tap ‘Next’ and open the file after your system prompts for it.
Disable the hosting mode and modify the security Firewall.
Disabling the hosting mode will allow you to examine whether the file doctor is correctly running. Modifying the security firewall after that is necessary to permit remote connections from your PC.
- Launch McAfee and tap ‘Web & Email Protection.’
- Navigate to the firewall and tap ‘Ports and System Services.’
- Now tap ‘Add.’
- Below ‘Services Name,’ input ‘eMule.’
- Go to local TCP/IP ports and input your QB program’s TCP data.
- Below ‘Local UDP Port,’ input the TCP data for your QB.
- Select ‘All PC’s’ below ‘Open Ports To.’
- Lastly, tap ‘Save’ and start your PC again.
Employ Auto Data Recovery (ADR)
Auto Data Recovery feature auto examines QuickBooks files a few hours after they are produced. A back is automatically stored in the ADR folder for files without any error. This backup is there for as much time as QuickBooks is open. You can utilize ADR to retrieve files and restore them to their initial state.
The QuickBooks File Doctor is highly efficient at detecting and fixing issues and has quickly become a daily part of the daily functions of many companies. Use this guide to use and fix common errors such as company file issues and network problems in QuickBooks. For more details about the utility, contact a professional QuickBooks technical support service.