How to Update QuickBooks to the Latest 2022 Release
Intuit, the company behind QuickBooks, releases updates for various versions of its software every year. They are also referred to as maintenance releases that enhance the existing performance of your software. Besides, they also fix minor issues in the accounting program easily. In light of these facts, it’s essential for every user to know how to update QuickBooks to the latest release.
It’s noteworthy to mention here that you can update your QuickBooks without any extra cost. These updates are totally free, and you must never hesitate to download and install them. In this article, we’ll go over the entire process of updating different versions of QuickBooks.
How to Update QuickBooks Desktop (Pro, Premier, and Enterprise)
You can update your QB Desktop to the latest release through various methods. But first, it’s important to check if you are using the latest version already. To do that, just head to QuickBooks Desktop and launch the ‘Product Information window by pressing F2. See the latest version and release. Now, verify if you have it or not.
1. Update QuickBooks automatically
You can enable QuickBooks to automatically download updates even while you are offline. Here is how to update QuickBooks to 2022 automatically.
- Tap’ Update QuickBooks‘ from the ‘Help‘ menu.
- In the Update QuickBooks window, tap the ‘Options’ tab.
- Choose ‘Yes‘ to enable and ‘No‘ to disable the option of automatic update.
- You can select the update you wish to get and remove the updates if you don’t wish for them. You can do it from the ‘Update‘ section.
- However, if you disable the ‘Automatic update‘ option, you won’t get any updates even if they are available. You will receive a reminder to install updates.
- Lastly, tap ‘Save‘ followed by ‘Close.’
2. Download updates directly from the server
It’s also possible to get the updates from the server of Intuit without running the QuickBooks tool hub on your computer. Here is how to update QuickBooks Desktop to 2022 by downloading updates from the server.
- Navigate to the ‘Help‘ menu in your QuickBooks.
- Next, press the ‘Update QuickBooks’ option followed by ‘Update Now.’
- Choose the update to download and click ‘Get updates.’
- After tapping the Maintenance Release link, you will see a new page. It will have improvements in the update.
- Now, switch off QuickBooks.
- When you open it again, you will be prompted to install the update.
Restart your computer as soon as the installation ends.
3. Download updates via the update feature.
This method is also called the release download method to update QuickBooks. With the update functionality, you can install the latest updates. If you employ numerous QuickBooks copies, it’s essential to update every copy.
Use these steps to install updates for multi-user mode for QB Pro and Premier versions.
- Launch the shared company files.
- Head to the ‘Help‘ menu.
- From here, tap ‘Update QuickBooks.’
- Navigate to the ‘Options’ tab.
- For the ‘Share Download’ option, choose ‘Yes.’
- Lastly, tap ‘Save.’
Also, read- QuickBooks desktop download
How to update the QuickBooks company file
It’s easy to update the QuickBooks company file. Just follow the series of instructions mentioned below.
- Tap on the updated version of your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Launch ‘File‘ and choose ‘Open or restore company.’
- Now, tap ‘Company file‘ followed by ‘Next.’
- Choose your company data file. Then tap ‘Open.’
1. Update QuickBooks manually.
There is another way to update QuickBooks. To carry out a manual update, follow these points.
- Install the current version of QuickBooks.
- After that, close QB and the company files.
- Head to the Windows start menu and locate QuickBooks Desktop.
- After you do that, right-tap and select the ‘Run as administrator‘ option.
- On the screen of ‘No company open,’ tap the ‘Help‘ menu.
- Now tap the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- Tap ‘Marl all‘ in the ‘Options’ tab.
- Now select ‘Save.’
- After that, tap the ‘Update now‘ tab.
- Place a tick on the checkbox of ‘Reset update.’
- Finally, tap ‘Get updates.’
2. Download updates from the website of QuickBooks
Do you know that users can also update their current QB version from the official QuickBooks website? Use these instructions to find out how to update QuickBooks in this manner.
- Firstly, go over to the ‘Download and Updates’ web page of QuickBooks.
- On this page, locate and choose your country from its dropdown.
- Next, find and select your software from the dropdown ‘Select Product.’
- After that, you need to pick your specific version or year of the QB solution. Choose it from the ‘Select Version’ dropdown.
- Next, tap ‘Search.’
- Now, click ‘Get updates.’
- After that, you can save the file containing the updates to the desired place in your system.
- Upon the completion of the download, open the saved file and let the updates get installed.
- After that, restart your computer.
What do You get by Updating QuickBooks to the 2022 Release?
Now you know how to update QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier, and Enterprise to the latest version. It would be beneficial to find out the new functionalities you get with the new updates.
1. RFA enhancement
With it, you can quickly send a request to the QB for the software’s second admin.
2. The functionality of advanced user management.
It allows you to manage the roles of permissions and users. It’s particularly helpful for user access. It allows you to assign users specific permissions.
3. Online banking enhancements
After knowing how to update QuickBooks Desktop to 2022, you can be ready for improvements in online banking. It allows you to make rules for cash-in and out transactions. You can also save the customizations you make to the column.
4. Report of inventory aging.
With this report, you can get data about the acquisition, quality, and age of the stocks.
5. Resolve data-level permission problem
The new update allows you to resolve data-level permission problems when you cannot make transactions for non-permitted customers. When you see the report filter for (=) or (>=1) faulty, it’s essential to update to the latest release.
If you want to leverage a well-performing accounting solution, you should know how to update QuickBooks. You can employ the automatic or manual method to get updates. Additionally, you can also update via the update feature. If you need any more clarity about this process, feel free to speak to a reputed QuickBooks technical support service.