How to Install QuickBooks to a New Computer?
QuickBooks accounting software helps businesses to manage and organize their accounts properly. It provides so many services that help in improving your business growth. It is a desktop-based application.
If you want to know How to Install QuickBooks on a new computer or laptop, then this blog will guide you. This helps you install QuickBooks easily without confusion and provides how to resolve installation issues. Let’s go.
How to Install QuickBooks Desktop?
Installing the QuickBooks Desktop application isn’t a difficult part, but reaching the genuine and right is. There are many scenarios where the users download QuickBooks from a third party and get errors. Here, we will provide the original and trustable steps for QuickBooks Desktop installation without any confusion.
But before starting the downloading or installing process, QuickBooks Desktop requires some hardware and software components to be installed in your system. These components are necessary for the smooth installation and operation of QuickBooks.
Necessary Components for QuickBooks Desktop Install
Operating System: Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 with 64-bit installed
Windows Servers: Windows Server 2011, 2012 R2, 2016
Hardware: System must have at least 4 GB RAM and recommended 8 GB RAM. The RAM may vary for different user access.
- 1-5 Users: 8GB RAM
- 10 Users: 12GB RAM
- 15 Users: 16GB RAM
- 20 Users: 20+GB RAM
Processor: 2.4 GHz minimum
Disk Space: 2.5 GB and additional
Software Compatability: Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime
QuickBooks Activation: QuickBooks License and Product Key
After getting all the components on your system, or you already have these, then the installation is a step away:
How to Install QuickBooks Easily?
The installation of QuickBooks on the computer can be performed in two ways: one with the installation CD and the other from the Intuit QuickBooks official website. Now, let’s install QuickBooks.
Install QuickBooks Using Installation CD
The installation CD is mainly ordered from Intuit. After getting the CD, follow the given steps to learn how to install QuickBooks with CD:
- In the first step of the installation, open the computer CD Drive and Insert the QuickBooks installation CD.
- Now, the QuickBooks Installer will launch.
- Click on the Run QuickBooks.exe File to begin the installation.
- If it doesn’t work, then click on Open Folder to View Files option.
- After getting into the CD, Browse for the Quickbooks.exe file.
- Now, open and run the file and click on Run to confirm.
- Follow the on-screen directions for QuickBooks installation.
- Accept the QuickBooks Software License Agreement and click on Continue.
- When QuickBooks is installed successfully, double-click on its icon and open it.
If you don’t have QuickBooks installation CD, then download and install it from the Intuit website with the help of the following section.
How to Install QuickBooks Via Intuit Website?
Following are the steps for downloading and installing the QuickBooks Desktop program from the official Intuit QuickBooks website:
- Firstly, visit Intuit QuickBooks App Product web page.
- After reaching the page, you see the “Will you be using QuickBooks Desktop on multiple computers at the same time (multi-user mode)?” option; choose from Yes or No. If you go with the NO option, then simply download and install QuickBooks. But if you pick the Yes option, then click on Next and pursue the following step.
- From the next page, choose your Country, QuickBooks Product, and Version. Click on Search.
- Now, you will redirect to the download page, check your product and version, and click Download.
- When the download completes, reach the file location and choose it. If somehow you can’t get the file location, press the Crtl+J keys from the same browser, or you can check the system’s Downloads folder and pursue how to install QuickBooks steps.
- In the next step, right-click on the Quickbooks.exe file and choose Run as Administrator.
- Click on Run when the Windows security window appears.
- Next, ahead with the on-screen installation directions.
- Accept the Software License Agreement and hit the Next button.
- After that, provide the QuickBooks License and Product key.
Here, you will be asked to choose the QuickBooks installation type. If you get confused with the options, follow the next portion and clarify yourself.
Get the Right Installation Type
In the next step of how to install the QuickBooks procedure, you have to choose the right install option. It can be tricky since non-other software has this option. But QuickBooks is an advanced accounting program with many services according to the user’s need. The installation types are:
- Express Install
- Custom and Network Install
You can pick Express Install when:
- You are new to the QuickBooks accounting software.
- Reinstalling the QuickBooks on your system.
- After installation, you will operate on one system.
Now, let’s initiate the Express Install for completing how to install QuickBooks procedure:
- In the first, click on Express Install, then Next.
- Then, hit the Install button.
- After the installation, click on the Open QuickBooks option.
Custom and Network Install
We suggest choosing Custom and Network install when:
- You want to install QuickBooks Desktop somewhere rather than the default location like on the server.
- You host the QuickBooks company file on a server.
- You want to set up a multi-user network.
Below are the steps for setting Custom and Network Install in how to install QuickBooks:
- First, click on Custom and Network Options, and afterward, on Next.
- Choose the option that asks you – How you are going to operate QuickBooks.
- Now, pick the Change the Install Location option.
- After that, click on Browse and select a location to store your QuickBooks files and folders. Usually, the default location is the C Drive Program folder.
- In the next step, click on Next.
- When the QuickBooks custom and network install finishes, open Quickbooks.
When QuickBooks get installed with the choice install type, it’s time to activate it to perform accounting activities.
Activate QuickBooks Desktop
After knowing how to install QuickBooks, activate it with this portion for accessing. If you won’t activate it, a pop-up will repeatedly come on the screen to activate QuickBooks, which can be frustrating. So activate it with the following means:
- Open QuickBooks. However, the QuickBooks will automatically open after installation.
- After opening, reach the Help menu.
- Now, choose Activate QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
- Lastly, Verify your Information to get the QuickBooks accounting access.
Now, QuickBooks is all set to use. However, if the QuickBooks shows some glitches/errors while installing or after installing, you perform a clean install.
Fix Installation Issues by Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop
In how to install Quickbooks procedure, if you get any clean installation, then we will perform a clean install. In this, we will uninstall the QuickBooks and then re-install to resolve all the installation issues. Following are the steps:
Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly, press the Windows+R keys to get the Run command.
- Secondly, compose Control Panel in the Run and hit the Enter button.
- When the Control Panel opens, click on the Programs and Features option.
- After that, go for the Uninstall a Program.
- Now, a list of programs is displayed on the screen; select the QuickBooks Desktop, right-click on it, and choose Uninstall.
- Again click on Uninstall to confirm.
- In some time, the QuickBooks will uninstall.
Now, in the next step of fixing the installation issue, we will re-install the QuickBooks.
For how to install QuickBooks again to overcome the QuickBooks installation issue, the following are the steps:
- Open the QuickBooks.exe file.
- Click on Run and follow the on-screen directions.
- After installation, open QuickBooks.
The QuickBooks Desktop program is perfect for you if you have loading accounting work. It is a valuable program that helps handle and manage all your business accounting. Here, with the help of this blog, we provide you with the latest steps for how to install QuickBooks on the computer. If you face any installation issues, then perform a clean install. However, contact us via Email or Live Chat if you have any concerns regarding QuickBooks installation. We are available 24/7 to assist you. Thank You!