How to Locate and Print General Ledger QuickBooks?
QuickBooks is full of features that make your accounting easier. One such feature is General Ledger QuickBooks, which tracks and maintains the transactions from all accounts like Accounts Receivable, Cash, Undeposited Funds, and Equity. It ends the traditional method of accounting, where you have to set all the Journal Entries manually. General Ledger makes it simple for any business to find any hidden differences that can result in an unbalanced sheet. This is a post we are going to deliver to you through General Ledger and its customization. But before proceeding, let’s know about General Ledger.
What is General Ledger QuickBooks?
The QuickBooks General Ledger reports always facilitate all the business management and money control flow. It provides an overview of your business financial activity across different accounts for a particular date range. It also tracks all the income and expense transactions in detail and makes a report of all the transactions according to the account type. For example, QuickBooks employs the double-entry bookkeeping technique, which requires you to enter a credit for each debit in the account. These transactions can now be documented as journal entries as well. Nonetheless, accountants who do not adhere to traditional accounting standards establish a broad journal ledger in QuickBooks. The need for these records is to identify the mistakes in the transactions by which you get errors in the year-end sheets.
How Do the General Ledger QuickBooks Reports Work?
As we discussed above, by using the double-entry approach, the QuickBooks accounting balance is organized. To use the General Ledger feature, you have to enable it by following a certain procedure. The double-entry accounting technique is utilized to make financial statements. It requires credit and debit cards and monetary amounts to function.
It includes certain specifications regarding how the cards work and how much they cost, such as:
- Your Credit and Debit should each have the same dollar amount.
- Every journal entry must have one debit and one credit entry.
- There should not be an equal amount of debits and credits in each account.
QuickBooks uses the balance sheet to keep it in balance. A company’s assets are computed by adding its liabilities and owner’s equity.
If you don’t know how to get the General Ledger Reports in QuickBooks Desktop or Online, then you must pursue the following section.
How to Find the General Ledger QuickBooks Report?
In this section, you will get the step-by-step procedure to find the General Ledger report in the Desktop and Online versions.
1. Find QuickBooks Desktop General Ledger Report
Follow the given steps to find the General Ledger QuickBooks Desktop Monthly Activity Report:
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Secondly, choose the Reports tab from the left panel.
- Now, using the drop-down option, Select All.
- After that, scroll down to “For My Accountant Portion” and choose it.
- Next, choose General Ledger.
- Then, pick a Date Range and choose between using a Cash or Accrual Basis.
- Finally, to create a report, click on the Run Report option.
2. Find the General Ledger Report in QuickBooks Online
As QuickBooks is compatible with all types of devices, be they desktops or mobiles, the user interface is also the same. Then there is no tribulation in locating the General Ledger QuickBooks Online report.
Follow the given steps:
- First, go to the Businesses Overview.
- Then, click on Business Overview and choose the Select All option.
- Now, scroll down and choose For My Accountant” from the bottom.
- After that, click on General Ledger.
- Next, choose a Date Range and choose between a cash or Accrual basis.
- Finally, click Run Report to develop the report.
Now, you can easily get your QuickBooks Desktop and Online General Ledger Reports. If you want to print then, pursue the following.
How To Print General Ledger In QuickBooks?
In this section, you will learn how to print general ledger reports in QuickBooks on monthly and yearly activities. These activities are called General Ledger (Monthly) and Cumulative General Ledger (Yearly).
1. Print Detailed General Ledger QuickBooks (Monthly Activity)
- In the first step, go to Print Reports>>Transactions Reports, and then choose General Ledger.
- Next, enter a Month and Year. ( This will be set to the most recent month accessed from the Enter Transactions screen)
- Now, leave the account range field blanks for printing the whole General Leader.
- If you want to print for an account range, provide the starting and ending account numbers.
- Entering an account range almost always results in an out-of-balance error because the debits for the particular range frequently do not match the credit transactions.
- This General Ledger QuickBooks report does not have a deadline.
- This means that any transaction submitted within a specific month (even if the transaction date is in a different month) will be included in the report.
5. After that, click on Print and then Begin Printing.
6. Now, Select Print to Printer or preview on the screen.
2. Print Cumulative General Ledger QuickBooks (Yearly Activity)
Here we will print the Year Activity Cumulative General Ledger in QuickBooks with the following steps:
- After opening QuickBooks, go to the Print Reports section.
- Then, choose the Transaction Reports tab and then click on Cumulative General Ledger.
- Now, enter the From and To date:
- The dates must be within the same fiscal or calendar year and may span many months.
- ]This report has a deadline (sensitive).
4. After that, click on the Print button and then Begin Printing.
5. Finally, Select Print to Printer or preview on the screen.
If you only want to view the General Ledger report in QuickBooks, then go with the following section.
How to View the General Ledger QuickBooks?
To examine the general ledger, you must run the general ledger report in QuickBooks Desktop. This is possible through the Reports menu. Simply alter the report to gain access to only the details you require. Here’s how to examine the general ledger in QuickBooks Desktop:
- From QuickBooks, go to the Reports section.
- Then, choose the Accountant and Taxes option.
- Click on the General Ledger option.
- Now, choose the Customize Report option and then change to the Display tab.
- Next, choose the Advanced option and then from the Include field. Choose the “In Ise” option
- Finally, click twice on the OK button.
Also read,- QuickBooks desktop download
If you want to create a Journal Entry in QuickBooks, we have the next section for you.
How to Create Journal Entries in QuickBooks?
Follow the given steps for creating the General Ledger Journal Entry:
- In the first step, choose to Make General Journal Entries from the QuickBooks Company menu.
- Then, from the Make General Journal Entries window, change the Date field.
- After that, in the Entry No. area, provide any journal entry numbers.
- Now, for General Journal Entry, fill in the details.
- Here, choose your first account transaction.
- Then, in the Credit and Debit boxes, enter the credit and debit amounts for the given account.
- Write a memo to define the transaction. This will show up on the General Ledger QuickBooks Journal Entry.
- In the next step, pick the name of the transaction, Vendor/supplier, Customer, Employee, or other.
- If you choose an Expense account with a customer, you must take the amount chargeable to the client.
- Now, provide the amount class.
- Repeat steps 1–5 until the transaction value reaches zero to enter distribution lines.
- Make sure the total in the Debit column equals the total in the Credit column.
- Conserve and Close the window and the journal entry; Save and New Open a new window after saving the diary post.
- After you’ve completed the journal entry, you may go into QuickBooks and review and change it.
General Ledger QuickBooks, is the most refined feature of QuickBooks that tracks down all the transactions of different accounts. With this blog, we tell you everything about General Ledger. You can go with the above steps and find a view or print the report. However, if you have any confusion or have any confusion, then feel free to Email or Live Chat with us. Thank You!